Do you want to make a difference in your community, but you don’t know where to begin?
Make an impact in the lives of a homeless family at the Rescue Mission with these 10 ways to give a hand up rather than a hand out.
1. Sponsor a meal:
Did you know just $1.48 provides a meal? Your support will help provide meals and hope! Give someone a second chance today. Click to donate and sponsor a meal. You can also donate from a variety of food items needed and drop them off at one of our locations.
2. Help meet our ongoing urgent needs such as clothing, bedding, diapers or hygiene kits. Click here for more ideas and how to drop off donations at the Village of Hope.
3. Shop with one of our socially conscious retail partners to support our cause while you buy! Click here for a list of vendors under our ‘shop and give’ opportunities.
4. Host a food drive:
Each year, thousands of homeless people depend on the efforts of people like you to sustain them through difficult times. Our Food Drive Packet provides all you will need to set up and promote a food drive in your business, church or neighborhood.
5. Help a homeless veteran:
The Veterans Village of Hope Initiative incorporates the resources and award winning programs that have been successful in moving homeless men, women, and children to self-sufficiency in Orange County and the Inland Empire for Our Heroes … Our Veterans.
6. Help provide household items as families graduate into self-sufficiency and independence. Click here for approved items.
7. Give by stock, mutual fund or electronic transfers. Click here for more information.
8. Vehicle donations:
We will pick up your donated vehicle at your convenience anywhere in the OC area, and provide you with the necessary paperwork to claim your tax deduction. A portion of the proceeds help us fund our different programs. For more information click here.
9. Planned giving: prayerfully consider your charitable giving opportunities with regard to your estate plan. Click here for more information.
10. Become a volunteer with over 15 opportunities to get involved and make a difference in the lives of the least, the last and the lost of Orange County. For volunteer opportunities, click here.
By providing a clear direction, this visionary process charts the course for the organization and paints a vivid picture of its future achievements. With a firm grasp of the intricacies of strategic planning, I remain committed to driving organizations toward success...